1. Seeing my friends and colleagues from the Hart House Board of Stewards and Faculty of Information receive their awards.
2. Listening to the citations of 182 people who are already saving the world.
3. Listening to Gordon Cressy’s inspiring advice to the award recipients: to wake up every morning with a positive attitude, to build, build, build and maintain relationships, and to dream big.
4. Hearing the T.E. Lawrence quote, which is my new favorite: “All men [and women] dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but dreamers of the day are dangerous men [and women], for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible” (remembered with a little help from Wikiquote).
5. Mingling at the reception.
6. Receiving my award, of course!