Obviously, working with puppets was really fun. Over the course of the project, I learned a little about maneuvering puppets, a little about the process of creating a film, a little about directing and working continuity of objects and placement into the shots, and a whole lot about editing. I used iMovie because it was available, and it turned out to be pretty easy to use. Long sessions of story-boarding and editing were draining, but rewarding and worthwhile. I learned that I have a pretty compatible temperament with the detail-oriented work involved in editing. It’s kind of amazing to me that I can now create videos. Previously, it was always one of those “Greek” things.
This video was created for an assignment in INF1310: Introduction to Reference, at the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto.