INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
I love connecting people with the information they need. As an information professional, I create and manage resources that make it easy for users to find information. My strengths lie in investigating, planning, and implementing solutions with creativity, analytical thinking, and effective communication.
Website Design | Web & Search Analytics | Content Management Systems | Metadata Management | Quality Assurance | Enterprise Search Optimization | Information Architecture
Information Architect, IMF, Washington, DC 2013-Present
- Coordinated tasks among a diverse team of 4 so priorities and deadlines were met and team members worked to their strengths. Trained staff in search optimization, web analytics, and quality assurance.
- Built 17 internal websites: negotiated requirements with stakeholders, created site architecture, organized content, trained users in site management, and made content strategy recommendations.
- Analyzed and collected search and website usage analytics for 23 websites. Created custom analytics reports and infographics for stakeholders that were used in content strategy decisions.
- Designed wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes in an iterative design process to facilitate development of a web dashboard that gives stakeholders direct access to usage statistics.
- Optimized search so content is easily found: manually prioritized hidden but relevant search results, removed old results, and wrote logic based on document metadata that controls search refiners.
- Increased user satisfaction in search applications 30% by training staff in search and navigation.
Special Projects Assistant, Joint World Bank-IMF Library, Washington, DC 2013
- Streamlined metadata management processes and recorded project decisions in a workflow diagram.
- Standardized access to 600+ publications by creating and editing document metadata.
Library Curator (part-time), University of Toronto, Toronto, ON 2011-2012
- Managed an acquisitions project, including strategy design, prioritizing and setting deadlines, overcoming obstacles. Coordinated with the governing body to purchase books within budget.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised 25 students in library operations.
Master of Information Science, University of Toronto
Master of Arts (Honours), Ancient History and Italian, University of St Andrews
- International Student, University of Verona, Italy, Semester abroad
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Reference Librarian (part-time), Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria, VA
Chair’s Assistant (part-time), Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology, Toronto, ON
Research Assistant (part-time), University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Program Assistant, National Museum of the U.S. Navy, Washington, DC
ASSOCIATIONS and VOLUNTEERING
Professional Member, Information Architecture Institute
Archivist & Archives Chair, Special Libraries Association, Washington, DC
Director of Web & Social Media Content, Faculty of Information Alumni Assoc., Toronto, ON
Co-Chair, iSchool Student Conference, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Secretary, Literary & Library Committee, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Wowi, IMF Information Management Division, Washington, DC
- Recognizes staff who go beyond the call of duty for clients. I received this award for creating an intranet site and training clients in search applications, increasing staff satisfaction by 30%.
Member of the Year, Special Libraries Association, Washington, DC
- Recognizes members who have made outstanding contributions to the chapter. I received this award for curating a digital exhibit of historical photos (https://dcslajubilee.omeka.net/).
Gordon Cressy Student Leadership, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Recognizes students who contribute to the university community and its students. I was awarded the Gordon Cressy for leading the revitalization of the literary community at Hart House.
- SharePoint 2007, 2010
- Adobe Analytics
- Microsoft Visio
- FAST Search
- Data Facet